Lesson: Getting WordPress up and running
After this lesson, you’ll be able to:
- understand which things you should consider when selecting a hosting company and hosting plan for your site
- explain what you should think about when choosing a domain name
- understand what a top-level domain (TLD) is and which types of TLDs exist
- decide which type of TLD fits your site best
- register your own domain name; select a proper host; and set up your WordPress installation.
To keep things clear, we have created a List of Terms, which we advise you to keep within reach throughout the course.
1. Watch: Getting WordPress up and running
2. Watch: Hosting plans and domain registration
3. Watch: Setting up your WordPress installation
4. Read: Getting WordPress up and running
Estimated reading time: 10 minutes