After this lesson, you’ll be able to:
- understand what a WordPress theme is and what it does for your site;
- find pre-installed themes and third-party themes;
- understand what you should consider when choosing a theme;
- install and activate themes on your WordPress site.
To keep things clear, we have created a List of Terms, which we advise you to keep within reach throughout the course.
Note: Through this course, we are using WordPress version 5.2.3. You may have another version of WordPress, and, most likely, you are using another theme and/or you have some additional plugins installed. Due to all of those factors, what you see on your back end front end may be different from what we show you here. Still, most of the options and features are the same, so you don’t need to worry!
To learn about the recent WordPress updates, and the additional features they brought, consult the reading materials!
1. Watch: What do themes do?
2. Watch: Selecting and installing themes
3. Read: Themes
Estimated reading time: 7 minutes