After this lesson, you’ll be able to:
- understand what plugins are and what they can do for your site;
- find WordPress plugins;
- understand what you should take into account when selecting plugins;
- install plugins on your WordPress site;
- understand what page builders are and how they work;
- understand what you need to consider before using page builders.
To keep things clear, we have created a List of Terms, which we advise you to keep within reach throughout the course.
Note: Through this course, we are using WordPress version 5.2.3. You may have another version of WordPress, and, most likely, you are using another theme and/or you have some additional plugins installed. Due to all of those factors, what you see on your back end front end may be different from what we show you here. Still, most of the options and features are the same, so you don’t need to worry!
To learn about the recent WordPress updates, and the additional features they brought, consult the reading materials!
1. Watch: What do plugins do?
2. Watch: Selecting and installing plugins via back end
3. Watch: Uploading an externally downloaded plugin
4. Watch: Page builders
5. Read: Plugins
Estimated reading time: 14 minutes